Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So, have YOU heard Hairdryer Peace yet? You know, that new album everyone's talking about by that weird band the Hospitals? Man, that shit is really OFF THE WALL! Like, is this even music? I don't know man. It's just a little too weird for me!

Actually, I think I really do love this album. I'm not SURE that I do yet. Every night I go home after work, smoke a big bowl, sit directly between the stereo speakers in the dark, and try to figure out if I like it or not. Mostly then, it sounds awesome. The rest of the time it floats in the room like a musical embodiment of your subconscious mind. It's fragmented and makes intermittent sense, like a dream, and then when it's over you don't really remember anything but bits and pieces of it. But then you kinda wanna be back in that place again. My best recommendation for this album is: I don't want to listen to it all the time, but some weird part of my brain definitely does (probably the part sticky with accumulated resin).

I'll let you know if I ever finally decide if this album is genius or just plain old artgay. It's something, I'll tell you that much.

1 comment:

DJ Rick said...

Given how much time the man is surfing or thinking about sports or over-aggressively playing sports, I assure you that the Hospitals can never be guilty of being artgay.